Summer Mold Tech Intern
We are seeking 3 individuals to work in our Mold Repair & Assembly area during the summer 2020. This position will work with experienced mold technicians and mold makers to perform quality checks and assemble mold components into new extrusion blow molds. The position will also work on repair and refurbishment of our customers’ existing blow molds.
Interns will develop skills during the summer work period that give them a real-world foundation for future success in manufacturing, including safety training, blue print reading, basic shop math, shop tool identification and knowledge, metrology (measurement), identification and understanding of critical mold components, and quality training.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assemble and fit mold components
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), calipers, micrometers and electronic measuring devices
- Inspect components and subassemblies for final fit
- Perform full range of tool work, focusing on mold maintenance
- Operate all manual hand tools
- Mold polishing and hand work
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Winning attitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Full-time (summer months)
- $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience and skill level