We are currently seeking 2 individuals to work in our Mold Repair & Assembly area during the summer 2019. This position will work with our experienced mold technicians and mold makers to perform quality checks and assemble mold components into new extrusion blow molds. The position will also work on repair and refurbishment of our customers’ existing blow molds.
Interns will develop several important skills during the summer work period that will provide them with a real-world foundation for future success in manufacturing. These include safety training, blue print reading, basic shop math, shop tool identification and knowledge, metrology (measurement), identification and understanding of critical mold components, and quality training.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assemble and fit mold components
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), calipers, micrometers and electronic measuring devices
- Inspect components and subassemblies for final fit
- Perform full range of tool work, focusing on mold maintenance
- Operate all manual hand tools
- Mold polishing and hand work
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Winning attitude
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Full-time (summer months)
- $10 to $12 per hour depending on experience and skill level
As a family owned business, we hand-select our employees to embody the dedication to quality, honesty, and excellence that our company was founded on. Our people are energetic about their work and committed to providing a quality product for every customer we serve. We seek out excellence in our employees so that they will in turn provide excellence for our customers.
Please review the positions we are currently looking to fill. If you feel like you would be a good fit for our company, we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you.